GRAY Media, LLC, an international design media company based in Seattle, is thrilled to announce that the 2020 GRAY Awards competition is open. Now global, the fourth-annual cross-disciplinary design awards program celebrates the most exciting ideas in design today.
Ten distinguished GRAY Awards winners will be chosen by an esteemed panel of international design luminaries, and GRAY editors will name the ‘Design For Good’ winner. Additionally, GRAY will present two additional awards to designers based in the Pacific Northwest region (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Canada’s British Columbia province) in honor of the elite design region that GRAY calls home: ‘The Legacy Award’ for lifetime achievement and ‘Best of Show’.
Winners will be revealed during a cinematic event in December where they will receive a custom-designed trophy, handcrafted exclusively for GRAY Awards, and be published in GRAY magazine’s high-profile ‘Masterworks’ issue.
Entrants from all over the world can enter their projects until August 14, 2020, to be considered. Early bird pricing offered through July 3, 2020. Details at grayawards.com
- Tom Dixon – Creative Director, Tom Dixon brand
- Jeanne Gang – Founder, Studio Gang
- Mphethi Morojele – Founder, MMA Design Studio
- Guo Pei – Fashion Designer
- Martha Schwartz – Founder, Martha Schwartz Partners
- Pierre Yovanovitch – Founder, Architecture d’intérieur et mobilier
- Architecture, commercial
- Architecture, residential
- Interior Design, commercial
- Interior Design, residential
- Landscape Design, civic or residential
- Product Design, lighting or furniture
- Product Design, other
- Fashion Design, apparel or accessories
- Student, open category
- Wild Card, open category
+ Design for Good
GRAY will review nominations for the Design for Good category and recognize a project, product, or individual that makes a positive impact through design on a social, humanitarian, community, or environmental issue.
And, reserved for Pacific Northwest-based designs:
+ The Legacy Award
+ Best of Show
Early-bird entry deadline: July 3, 2020
Final entry deadline: August 14, 2020
Finalists announced: October 2, 2020
GRAY Awards Party: December 3, 2020
Visit GRAYawards.com for more information.