GRAY MEDIA is seeking an Editorial Director to lead our dynamic, close-knit team in Seattle, Washington. This is an executive-level, leadership position in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
The right candidate is entrepreneurial and energetic with strong editorial experience, a passion for design, and a talent for creative storytelling across multiple platforms. They not only have superb top editing and writing skills, but they are versatile thinkers with impeccable judgment. They have creative vision, are resourceful in working within tight budgets, and are capable of developing big-picture editorial strategies designed to increase audience size and engagement, strengthening the brand across all platforms (print, digital, social, awards program, and live events).
In this public-facing role, the Editorial Director attends industry events, moderates panel discussions, and is seen as a tastemaker, gatekeeper, and influencer who is immersed in the market and design industry representing GRAY out in the world.
- 6 years on print magazine staff in a senior editorial role
- Very strong top-editing skills, and the ability to manage staff
- Excellent focus on detail and accuracy while maintaining speed
- Excellent sense of what makes a good story
- Sense of humor
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Love for problem solving, multitasking, and collaboration
- Comfortable with public speaking and networking
- Demonstrated interest in and passion for design and culture, from architecture and interiors to fashion, industrial design, art, and beyond
- Experience with social media platforms, InDesign, and WordPress
Prospective candidates should apply to email@example.com with their resume and a compelling cover letter explaining why you are GRAY’s next Editorial Director.