GRAPHIC DESIGN SPECIALIST
Responsible for implementing the aesthetic ideas and visual/brand/style guidelines of GRAY Media, as envisioned by the CEO. Intimately involved in the design of print, digital, and other related products (marketing collateral, microsites, ads, etc), the Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for implementing these guidelines to ensure its visual appeal. Expected to be up to date on current trends and develop a network of freelance photographers, stylists, animators, and illustrators; generates ideas for future ways of improving and implementing GRAY’s visual style across multiple and future platforms. Works closely on all projects with CEO.
- Maintains and follows templates for story types and finesses design and format of the magazine, working closely with editorial director and CEO
- Lay out all print pages, working with top editor to determine imagery and with CEO for suggestions and final approval
- Helps brainstorm shot list for commissioned stories; assist editorial director in developing photographer style guides
- Point person for ensuring successful, on-time execution of production process for editorial team, based on deadlines set by editorial director: readies layouts, once approved by CEO, for rounds of proofing, processes all images, generates PDFs for proofing, generates blue lines (final round of proofing)
- Readies final PDFs, uploads to press, reviews and approves in printer’s portal after CEO has signed off on files
- Produce editorial and ad designs for print and digital as requested, working with CEO for suggestions and final approval
- Creates all graphics for various social media campaigns
- Creates all partnership graphics
- Execute native content projects as required
- Preflight all ads, alerting reps of any issues
- Create low-res PDF of entire issue, adding hyperlinks where needed, post to issuu, add to website, and alert editorial team and sales team when this is live
- Design or finesse ancillary products including media kit, sales sheets, proposals, business cards, event or promotional content, etc.
- Works with CEO to create visual identities across all GRAY brands
- Other duties as assigned
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and link to your portfolio to email@example.com.