Advertising Sales Internship
GRAY’s growing advertising team is looking for high-energy, creative, and enthusiastic self-starters who share our passion for Pacific Northwest design. Our multi-tasking interns can expect to tackle responsibilities of the sales cycle such as prospecting new clients, updating account information, partnering on sales calls, tracking industry media, assisting during events and joining spontaneous brainstorming sessions for creative client advertising solutions. They also have the opportunity to sell, collaborate with advertisers to help design their ads + more! We offer academic credit in exchange for all internship opportunities.
- Strong GPA (3.0 or higher)
- Great problem-solving, organizational and leadership skills
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree with at least one year of school completed
Please send your cover letter and resume to the associate publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRAY magazine, the design magazine for the Pacific Northwest, is seeking a creative, organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, Seattle-based intern for our editorial department. As an intern with GRAY, you will work closely with our editors and learn about the process of putting together a bi-monthly print publication and digital content for the corresponding website and blog.
We are seeking a three- to six-month commitment, and at least 10-15 hours of work per weekdays and times flexible. We work with universities across the region to provide academic credit in exchange for internship experience.
- Excellent writing skills. You will be asked to complete smaller writing tasks for both the print publication and the blog, with the possibility of working on larger stories or assignments with increased experience and demonstrated commitment.
- Ability to multi-task and focus on small tasks with many moving parts is very important. Attention to detail is key.
- Communication skills, and a courteous, professional demeanor. You may be asked to call a store, a designer, or a firm about product sourcing, pricing, or other details necessary for the reporting or fact-checking process. You will also have the opportunity to attend local design events, openings, and studio visits.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
An internship with GRAY will teach you the skills needed to work closely with a creative team to produce a regionally focused, internationally distributed print magazine— including editorial writing, fact-checking, interviewing, researching, assisting editors with tasks, contributing to the website and blog, and planning and producing GRAY-sponsored events.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, including your area of study and explanation of why you are interested in this internship, to email@example.com.